Last updated on June 24th, 2022 at 11:36 am
In 2023, will email advertising be a key for your company? Are you struggling to choose the best email marketing tools? The success of your marketing campaign may be determined by choosing the appropriate email marketing service.
Because choosing the right email marketing tool from the outset is so important, I’ve tested dozens of different services to bring you this list of the best email marketing tools for your small business success. While other websites might give you long lists of similar tools, my list is different, focusing on different types of tools that can handle every aspect of your email marketing needs. Ready to dive in?
Just want to find out which tool I recommend over all the others? My top choice is Campaigner, as it has all the features you need and you can try it for free.
Campaigner is an all-round email marketing tool that’s packed full of advanced features that can increase your ROI. You can create beautiful emails and sales letters, take advantage of dozens of templates, use workflows and geotargeting, and much more.
The best bit? You can try Campaigner free for the first month and take advantage of the customized pricing if none of the plans are suitable for your needs.
An Overview of Email Marketing
Email marketing can be used to send newsletters, blast out promotional emails, and run targeted ads. 1000s of companies rely on email marketing to keep their customers and clients up-to-date. Brands, businesses, nonprofits, and other organizations use it every day for everything from promoting new products or services to building customer engagement. If you’re running a small business, you need to use email marketing as part of your overall business strategy. Once you’ve chosen your web host and have your WordPress website online, you can use email marketing to grow your audience and boost your earnings.
There are a few benefits to using email for your business:
- It is an easy way to communicate with your customers and followers
- Email marketing allows you to track customer engagement and feedback from campaigns
- It enables you to keep your audience updated when you publish new content, driving more traffic to your website
- Email marketing tools: These are the basic tools that all email marketing services include. They allow you to create and send emails, track results and manage your list of subscribers.
- Campaign managers: These tools offer more customization and management than email marketing tools, allowing you to tailor your campaigns to specific audiences, run multiple ads from a single campaign, and measure results over time.
- Automation platforms: With these tools, you can automate your email marketing campaigns so that they run on a schedule and with less involvement from you.
- Design tools: With these, you can create great visuals that your customers will want to read and engage with, such as infographics and e-books.
Even though email marketing is not a new concept, it has become more popular and relevant in today’s business world. An important part of any successful business plan is to use effective email marketing strategies to manage customer relations throughout the life cycle of their product or service. This helps increase brand recognition as well as strengthen relationships with customers by encouraging them to go back for additional purchases and services
What to look for in email marketing software
Remember that the effectiveness of your email marketing campaign is totally dependent on the email marketing software you select since they are in charge of ensuring that your emails get delivered. You’ll pay a lot more money for fewer marketing features and terrible email deliverability rates (which results in you losing even more money) if you aren’t careful
There are a few things you need to consider when choosing an email marketing service:
- Your budget: Some services are more expensive than others, but some offer savings over time. Look for a service that either has a free plan or allows you to try the tools out with a free trial.
- The features offered by the service: Make sure that the email marketing tool offers the features you need to run your campaigns effectively.
- The customer support available: Are there people available 24/7 who can help with problems or questions? is the company
The Best Email Marketing Tools in 2023
1. Campaigner: Best for Automations and Segmentation
My Take on This Email Marketing Tool
Campaigner offers a compelling set of features, a broad range of automation choices, numerous third-party integrations, and 24/7 live chat assistance. It is a full-featured email marketing tool. It also stands out because of its sleek, intuitive interface, which includes a large range of templates. It’s a great choice for small businesses – but it is disappointing that there’s no free plan.
One of Campaigner’s strengths is that its customizable workflows offer you many ways to manage marketing efforts to suit your needs. Branding is similarly easy with excellent template customization. You’ll still want to evaluate it carefully, however, because while it’s certainly easier to use than some of the competition, its wealth of features necessarily makes it more complex than, for example, Mailchimp.
The biggest downside with Campaigner is its cost. Although there’s a free trial, after that the email marketing plans start at $59/month. You can contact Campaigner for customized pricing, however, which is a bonus.
Takeaway: Campaigner is a great way to develop leads, raise revenue, and build customer loyalty, but it comes with a pretty high price tag.
2. AWeber – Great for Small Businesses – try it free
My Take on This email Marketing Tool
AWeber is an easy-to-use email marketing tool that offers a free plan for up to 500 subscribers. It also offers a free trial period if you have more than 500 subscribers already, and it’s easy to import an email list from CSV, XLS/X, and TSV files.
One thing I really like about AWeber is that the subscription model is solely based on subscriber count – so on the paid plans you get access to all the premium features. The free plan does have limitations – for example you can’t use all of the automation features on the free plan, and you’re limited to sending 3000 emails per month.
AWeber’s suite of features include:
- Great range of templates (500+)
- Some eCommerce features
- Analytics and reporting
- Split testing
- List segmentation tools
- Helpful support
- Integrations with third-party tools such as funnel builders
- Landing page builder
- Smart designer to create your own templates
The biggest downside with AWeber, however, is that it has an unusual approach to calculating the subscriber count. Both subscribed and unsubscribed contacts count towards your billable subscriber number, meaning that you could find yourself paying more if you don’t regularly clean up your contact list to remove people who have unsubscribed from your list!
Takeway: AWeber is a great starting point, especially when you opt for the free plan. However, some of its templates are a bit outdated, and it’s means of calculating subscribers is a little dodgy. I still recommend it pretty highly, though.
3. Venngage – Best for Creating email marketing assets, including lead magnets
My Take On this Email Marketing Tool
Venngage is an online infographic design solution that is a great tool for email marketing. You can create stunning lead magnets for building your email list, brochures, white papers, e-books, and presentations. Venngage isn’t just for email marketing – you can use it to create beautiful marketing materials and much more.
With Venngage’s hundreds of easy-to-edit templates and drag-and-drop editor, you can create whatever email marketing assets you need for your email newsletters with ease, and make your email marketing campaigns stand out.
There’s a free plan that you can use to try it out, but there are a lot of limitations (you can’t download your designs, just share a public link). To get the full suite of Venngage features, you can upgrade to the Premium plan, which costs $19/month or $16/month if you sign up for a yearly subscription. For $49/month (or $39/month if you subscribe for a yearly membership), Venngage offers a comprehensive Business plan with more collaboration tools and fewer restrictions. Some designs are exclusively available on the Business plan.
Takeaway: Venngage can help you engage, excite, and inspire your customers with exceptional-quality email infographics. Email blast software may help you reach your audience.